Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reserve Jeopardy

Answer: Friday April 18 at 10:00 am and Friday October 17 at 10:00 am

Question: What are the dates and times of two DC United Reserve Division matches?

That's true, but not quite the answer we were looking for.

Question: What are two days that I will be telling my boss that I have a "meeting" with some "customers" down at the "jobsite".

Correct!

Except that the "meeting" will be watching some exciting soccer up close and personal for free. And the "customers" will be some talented DC United players like Rod Dyachenko, Franco Niell, Jose Carvallo, etc. And the "jobsite" will be the auxiliary field outside RFK.

Anyone else trying to go? I'll be the guy sporting my new 3-stripe United hat, armed with a digital camera, writing furiously in my handy dandy notebook. If you've never been to a Reserve match, you should definitely check it out. Totally different experience from watching the match at RFK. You're so close that you can hear all the players talking to each other. And they can hear you. I remember at one game last year after Nick Addlery had shot a ball well over the goal (surprise, surprise), one dude in the bleachers said something like "Good try Nick. Let's try to keep it down next time." And Nick kind of waived in acknowledgment.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that it's FREE?

No comments: